Skip to content
- Course URL (this page): http://prof.msoltys.com/?page_id=4255
- Canvas: https://csuci.instructure.com/courses/7995
- Course Syllabus (Updated on Jan 7, 2019)
- CI Catalogue URL: link
- Previous version of this course: first time by this instructor
- Lectures: Thursdays, 6-9pm, Sierra Hall 1132
- CI Calendar Information
- Instructor: Michael Soltys <email@example.com>
- Twitter: @MichaelMSoltys
- Course Outline:This course is an introduction to Cloud Computing using Amazon Web Services (AWS). It covers distributed systems on the Internet, and in particular computing with virtual clients and servers, online storage and databases, and networking.
- Textbook: No required textbook, but we will be covering the material in AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Grading: We will have quizzes and labs in class, which are going to be graded for attendance, 20%. There will be a midterm worth 30%, and a final exam worth 50%. Both the midterm and the final will be written in class.
- How to avoid plagiarism: The midterm and final will be written individually, without aids, in class.
- Attendance: Students are encouraged but not required to attend the lectures.
- Students with disabilities: Cal State Channel Islands is committed to equal educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities in compliance with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. The mission of Disability Accommodation Services is to assist students with disabilities to realize their academic and personal potential. Students with physical, learning, or other disabilities are encouraged to contact the Disability Accommodation Services office at (805) 437-8510 for personal assistance and accommodations. Please discuss your arrangements with the instructor as soon as possible.
- Check this web page regularly for announcements.