Skip to content
- Course URL (this page): http://prof.msoltys.com/?page_id=4527
- Canvas: https://cilearn.csuci.edu/courses/8443
- Course Syllabus (Provisional – Updated April 2, 2019)
- Lectures: Online – summer session I – 5/28/2019 – 7/1/2019; office hours, on Wednesdays, 9-11am, in Sierra 3327.
- Page with Readings (Password to be given first day of class)
- CI Catalogue
- Instructor: Michael Soltys <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Twitter: @MichaelMSoltys
- Course Outline: Examines Online Communications (OC) and related social issues. Large and small organizations can wield OC in order to get their message across, fundraise, and maintain a connection with their stakeholders through dialogic communications. Topics include tools such as Social Media, design of online campaigns, measurements, as well as ethical, legal, and social issues. Students will work on designing and implementing their online presence with WordPress, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Textbook: TBD
- Grading: Students will implement their online presence in five stages, each stage worth 20%. The stages will include the setup of a WordPress site populated with contents (using https://cikeys.com/ and/or AWS) as well as setting up a Twitter and LinkedIn account, and integrating all three for consistency and style.
- How to avoid plagiarism: The work will be done individually; each student has to work independently; verbal discussions of problems among students are allowed, indeed encouraged, but you should complete your work independently.
- Attendance: Online class.
- Students with disabilities: Cal State Channel Islands is committed to equal educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities in compliance with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. The mission of Disability Accommodation Services is to assist students with disabilities to realize their academic and personal potential. Students with physical, learning, or other disabilities are encouraged to contact the Disability Accommodation Services office at (805) 437-8510 for personal assistance and accommodations. Please discuss your arrangements with the instructor as soon as possible.
- Check this web page regularly for announcements.
Announcements and class diary
- June 5, 2019: Please read the “Page with Readings” frequently, as all course material is being added there.
- March 13, 2019: Page set up.