On May 2, 2019, we held our fourth bi-annual Computer Science Advisory Board Meeting. The meeting started with lunch at the top (3rd) floor of Broome library, and continued with a two hour set of presentations in the Handel Evans room, also at Broome.
- 12:00 PM – Lunch, 3rd Floor of Broome Library
- 12:50 PM – Transition to J Handel Evans (Broome Library Rm 2533)
- 1:00 PM – Welcome, Agenda Overview & Introductions – Chris Meissner
- 1:15 PM – Department Overview – Michael Soltys
- Student numbers
- Faculty updates and hires
- 1:30 PM – Welcome from the Dean – Vandana Kohli
- 1:40 PM – Student Presentation
- Robotics – student Steven Romp
- Beast – students Noelle Abe and Devon Trammell Soltys
- CS Club – students Julia Maliauka and Ori Weiss
- CS Coding club – student Michael Petracca
- CS Girls Club – students Noelle Abe and Maria Contreras
- CS Cybersecurity Club – student Richie Zins
- 2:10 PM – Member profile – The Trade Desk – Zak Stengel, SVP Engineering
- 2:30 PM – Discussion – Chris Meissner and Michael Soltys
- How do we become a world class department?
- How do we become a hub of expertise?
- Examples of where we already achieve partially these goals
- But we need help from the board to get there
- 3:00 PM – Transition to Capstone Showcase, Sierra Hall
Pictures from the Capstone Showcase.