As educators, we need to approach the transition to online teaching as permanent change and innovate for the future. At California State University, we have moved to virtual instruction repeatedly throughout the last five years for a variety of reasons. I encourage educators to have an online version for all your classes, not only for emergencies, but also to be responsive to students who want online offerings.
In this AWS Public Sector Blog post I discuss how to:
- Leverage technology to replace face-to-face interaction.
- Make the tech work for you.
- Get creative.
- Throw out the rulebook.
- Change the way you approach grading.
- Balance organization with passion.
- Bonus tip for computer science instructors: Some material is easier to teach online.